Constructed in 1857 through the efforts of local farmers and the Ramsay Library Board, Union Hall has been used continuously for over 160 years . A mural of the Floating Bridge which crossed Taylor Lake at Conc 12 from 1859 to 1943, adorns the entire inside back wall of the building. The two murals on the front of the building depict the Union Hall Women’s Institute, which saved the Hall from being demolished during the depression, and the Rosedale Cheese Factory which was at the heart of the dairy industry in the community.
This is our “Settlers” studio. Our country has welcomed immigrants from all over the world and these people brought their traditional skills and talents with them. It is easy to imagine a similar market of artisans selling their wares a century ago…..Clement with his pottery, Colin the pewtersmith, Chris with his hot glass art, and with her handmade natural skin products.
984 Wolf Grove Road, Clayton
Artists at this Location
Chris Van Zanten Hot Glass Art
Clement Hoeck Pottery
Colin Hamer Pewter Ware
Deb Munro The Kitchen Sink Skin Care